|The range of possibilities for Boat Manufacture is from
a one man operation which produces a low number of products sometimes
of excellent quality to a complex high volume multi product production
company employing many people.
Often a boat building operation starts
small, then becomes more successful and grows into something much
larger requiring many different operating skills.
It's a natural path for a successful company but can be a difficult
and perilous journey.
The one man operation is usually fairly straightforward and most people
who use this route are usually skilled tradesmen and boat builders, who
with a bit of luck and judgement can find sufficient work to adequately
pay their way and make a living.
- Where the operation becomes more successful and begins to employ
people the business changes.
- Dependent upon which part of the world
the operation is conducted many things are involved.
- Perhaps there
is a need for not only production personnel but design and development,
administrative, purchasing, testing staff etc to be employed.
- As the
boats become bigger and more complex they also become much more demanding
in the areas of production management, efficiency, costings, training
of new personel, training for new operations and techniques.
started as a small one man operation can become a large complex of
people and opportunities for profit or loss.
- Consider a few figures in a 35 foot power cabin cruiser.
- There will be between approximately 750 to 2000 man hours involved
800 different operations
- Perhaps 1000 - 2000 parts.
- A complicated situation which needs to be
brought under control in order for the money making to continue!
This is where we may be able to advise and assist.
expertise in assisting boat production and manufacturing companies in most
parts of the world to improve their ability to manufacture boats efficiently
- Efficient production of marketable, competative quality boats
will bring profits.
- Product (The right product)
- Price (The right price)
- Position in the market (Making sure the product
is correct for existing and new markets)
- Publicity (getting the right
We can arrange to visit your factory to assess how we can best assist. Contact us here